Ресторан "Старые Традиции" располагается в сердце старого города, на одной из самых аутентичных улиц, улице Скарню, рядом с гордостью столицы-церковью Святого Петра
The building hosting the restaurant was built at the beginning of the seventeenth century as a residential house. Today, it is a national architectural monument. Rebuilt in 1763, reconstructed in 1964 by architect Gunārs Zirnis and restored in 1983 by architect Leonards Liepa, the building changed its initially intended purpose and a restaurant was opened in the building. The last reconstruction and restoration was carried out in 2013. The renovation was done with care as well as with respect to history. Original staircases were retained, the unique wooden structure of the roof was preserved as much as possible and only a few absolutely necessary inserts and reinforcements were added. Renovation of the interior in 2021 in the spirit of old traditions has opened up a new page in the life of the building and the restaurant.
A variety of interiors, while maintaining one general style and unique home atmosphere, is the main distinguishing feature of our restaurant. Five halls on three floors and an open terrace have opened their doors to guests. The meticulously restored almost three-hundred- year-old wooden staircase leading to the second and third floor will help our guests feel the charm of old times.
• Bar – mystery and masquerade on the façade of the bar counter will keep our guests entertained while they are waiting for their drinks.
• Garden – a gorgeous mural on the brick wall represents a combination of styles and images. Having entered this hall for the first time, one feels as if on the pages of a Russian fairy tale or in the Slavic epic. Decorative elements of a carved tower house mingled with images of contemporary story lines create an atmosphere of merriment and traditional hospitality of a Russian repast.
• Blue hall – elegance of the color scheme of the décor mimicking Gzhel painting creating a cozy and informal ambiance will not leave you indifferent.
• Hazel-colored hall – calm color tones and a lot of natural light in historical interior elements.
• Terrace on the roof reproducing medieval atmosphere of a small courtyard will capture your imagination and bring you to one of the oldest city sections called Konventa Sēta.
• Mansard – it is miracle of miracles offering unique and cozy ambiance. The third floor of the building has exposed wooden beams dating back to the seventeenth century and end-wall masonry. The mansard with its stylish interior is a perfect setting for a business conversation accompanied by light hors d'oeuvres, a private banquet or a master class held by our chef.
And! Despite vagaries of our weather, we have a seasonal flower terrace, right in the middle of Skarnu Street. Here, on the terrace, our guests will be impressed by the special menu and delighted by exclusive views of Old Riga.
The restaurant Old Traditions is not a place for a quick snack. The restaurant Old Traditions is a life style, and it is about celebrating traditions created centuries ago!
Orders accepted until 21:00. Delivery within 60 minutes! You can pay for the order on the website or to the courier upon receipt.